SUMMER CAMP 2017
Darimar Martial Arts offers eleven fun-filled weeks of Summer Day Camp. With a focus in martial arts, the program is designed to instill important values and skills, such as teamwork, confidence, focus, discipline, and fitness for children the ages 4 ½ to 13 years. The experience also includes traditional day camp activities such as arts & crafts, water balloon fun, archery, and weekly field trips.Whether the camper is signed up for one week or eleven weeks, each week is geared toward a special lesson theme such as “Be a leader, not a boss.” Darimar’s energetic camp staff and martial arts masters are highly qualified and well trained. In addition, the summer camp program strives to maintain a low child to counselor ratio to provide the best experience for each camper.
- May 30 – Aug. 11, 2017
- Open to ages 4 ½ to 13
- Regular Camp Hours: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Extended Care availability (7:00-8:30 AM, 3:30-6:00 PM)
- Register for 5 or more weeks: $240 per week
- Register for 4 or less weeks: $250 per week
- Siblings will receive a 10% discount on the camp portion of the fee.
- Summer Camp Activities
|Tae Kwon Do||Jump Roping|
|Hapkido||Arts & Crafts|
|Weapons Training||Water Balloon and Squirt Gun Games|
|Reading Time||Ultimate Frisbee|
|Board Games||Visits to COSI|
|Movies||Visits to Columbus Zoo|
|Dancing||Visits to Velvet Ice Cream|
|Archery||Visits to Local Park and much more…|
Weekly Schedule and Themes
|Session 1||May 30 – June 2||School’s Out!|
|Session 2||June 5 – June 9||Tenets of TKD Week|
|Session 3||June 12 – June 16||Building Friendships|
|Session 4||June 19 – June 23||Think before you act|
|Session 5||June 26 – June 30||Be a Leader, not a boss|
|Session 6||July 3 – July 7||Self Defense and Weapons|
|Session 7||July 10 – July 14||Let’s Move!|
|Session 8||July 17 – July 21||Live a healthy life|
|Session 9||July 24 – July 28||Don’t just hear…listen|
|Session 10||July 31 – August 4||Walk away|
|Session 11||August 7 – August 11||What does it mean to be a black belt?|
Pre-Camp Extended Care
Post-Camp Extended Care
HOW TO REGISTER FOR SUMMER CAMP 2017
Step 1: Register online. To register online, an initial $50 deposit must be paid for each week per camper. The $50 amount will be deducted from the corresponding weeks’ camp balance. The remaining balance will be charged by the Friday before the registered session begins. (For example, if the weekly fee is $230, $50 will be paid upfront. Then $180 will be paid the Friday before the session starts.) Registration goes up to 3 campers one time. Click here for online registration
- Enrollment is limited; Campers are encouraged to register as early as possible.
- Campers must submit a completed registration form and a $50 non-refundable deposit per week per camper to be registered for camp. The $50 per week deposits will be applied to the corresponding weeks’ camp balance. The remaining balance will be charge on your credit card/bank account by the Friday before their registered session begins. (For example, if the weekly fee is $230, you will pay $50 now. Then you will be charged $180 the Friday before the session starts.) No adjustments or refund in fees will be made for absences during the week. Please do not ask for exceptions.
- Campers are responsible for their own belongings.
- Each camper is required to bring a packed lunch everyday. No microwaveable food. Please be sure that your child’s name is on his/her lunch bag. We will provide snacks throughout the day.
- Swimming pool day is on Thursdays. Your child needs to bring swimsuit, towel and sunblock.
- Please bring uniforms on Monday and leave them until Friday; take them home on Friday to be washed.
- If you are not a Darimar member and need to purchase a uniform, you may do so for the price of $43.00.
- Each camper needs to leave an extra change of clothing in a Ziploc Gallon Bag with their name on the bag.
- Tennis shoes must be worn or brought to camp for outside play. Children are NOT allowed to play outside in sandals, crocs, flip-flops, and open toed or backless shoes.
- There is to be NO cell phones unless authorized. They will be confiscated and given to the parent at the end of the day.
- Hand held games are permitted, but are only allowed during specified times. However, Darimar is not responsible for replacement if lost or damaged.
- Campers may bring their own scooters with a helmet. Campers are responsible for their scooters and helmets and they must take them home the end of the camp session. Write the campers name on his/her scooter and helmet.
- Full participation when attending camp is required, unless there is a doctor’s excuse.
- We will give one free t-shirt for all campers. Additional t-shirt may be purchased for $14. If you register more than 5 weeks of camp, you will receive one extra t-shirt. Campers must wear their t-shirt on all fieldtrip days.