SUMMER CAMP 2019
Darimar Martial Arts offers ten fun-filled weeks of Summer Day Camp. With a focus in martial arts, the program is designed to instill important values and skills, such as teamwork, confidence, focus, discipline, and fitness for children the ages 4 ½ to 13 years. The experience also includes traditional day camp activities such as arts & crafts, water balloon fun, archery, and weekly field trips.Whether the camper is signed up for one week or ten weeks, each week is geared toward a special lesson theme such as “Be a leader, not a boss.” Darimar’s energetic camp staff and martial arts masters are highly qualified and well trained. In addition, the summer camp program strives to maintain a low child to counselor ratio to provide the best experience for each camper.
- June 3 – August 9, 2019 (10 sessions)
- Open to ages 4 ½ to 13
- Regular Camp Hours: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Extended Care availability (7:00-8:30 AM, 3:30-6:00 PM)
- $260 per week without discounts listed below
- Register 5 or more week: Save $10 per week
- Siblings: 10% discount
- Summer Camp Activities
|Tae Kwon Do||Jump Roping|
|Hapkido||Arts & Crafts|
|Weapons Training||Water Balloon and Squirt Gun Games|
|Reading Time||Ultimate Frisbee|
|Board Games||Visits to COSI|
|Movie Theater||Visits to Columbus Zoo|
|Dancing||Visits to Magic Mountain|
|Archery||Visits to trampoline park|
|Korean class(new)||Visits to Local Park and much more…|
Weekly Schedule and Themes
|Session 1||June 3-June 7||Ease into Summer|
|Session 2||June 10-June 14||Challenge Week|
|Session 3||June 17-June 21||5 Spirits of Tae Kwon Do|
|Session 4||June 24-June 28||I like to move it, move it! I like to…|
|Session 5||July 1-July 5 (no camp July 4)||I tried my best, sir!|
|Session 6||July 8-July 12||Self-Defense & Weapons|
|Session 7||July 15-July 19||Be a leader, not a boss|
|Session 8||July 22-July 26||Walk away|
|Session 9||July 29-Aug.2||Campers vs. Counselors|
|Session 10||Aug. 5-Aug. 9||What does it mean to be a black belt?|
Pre-Camp Extended Care
Post-Camp Extended Care
HOW TO REGISTER FOR SUMMER CAMP 2019
Register online. You have the option to either pay in full, or pay a $50 deposit for each week per camper. The $50 amount will be deducted from the corresponding weeks’ camp balance. The remaining balance will be charged by the Friday before the registered session begins. (For example, if the weekly fee is $260, $50 will be paid upfront. Then $210 will be paid the Friday before the session starts.) Registration goes up to 3 campers one time. Remember, you get a discount for paying in full! Click here for online registration
- Enrollment is limited; Campers are encouraged to register as early as possible.
- Campers must submit a completed registration form and a $50 non-refundable deposit per week per camper to be registered for camp. The $50 per week deposits will be applied to the corresponding weeks’ camp balance. The remaining balance will be charge on your credit card/bank account by the Friday before their registered session begins. (For example, if the weekly fee is $260, you will pay $50 now. Then you will be charged $210 the Friday before the session starts.) No adjustments or refund in fees will be made for absences during the week. Please do not ask for exceptions.
- Campers are responsible for their own belongings.
- Each camper is required to bring a packed lunch everyday. No microwaveable food. Please be sure that your child’s name is on his/her lunch bag. We will provide snacks throughout the day.
- Swimming pool day is on Wednesdays. Your child needs to bring swimsuit, towel and sunblock.
- Please bring uniforms on Monday and leave them until Friday; take them home on Friday to be washed.
- If you are not a Darimar member and need to purchase a uniform, you may do so for the price of $43.00.
- Each camper needs to leave an extra change of clothing in a Ziploc Gallon Bag with their name on the bag.
- Tennis shoes must be worn or brought to camp for outside play. Children are NOT allowed to play outside in sandals, crocs, flip-flops, and open toed or backless shoes.
- There is to be NO cell phones unless authorized. They will be confiscated and given to the parent at the end of the day.
- Hand held games are permitted, but are only allowed during specified times. However, Darimar is not responsible for replacement if lost or damaged.
- Full participation when attending camp is required, unless there is a doctor’s excuse.
- We will give one free t-shirt for all campers. Additional t-shirt may be purchased for $14. If you register more than 5 weeks of camp, you will receive one extra t-shirt. Campers must wear their t-shirt on all field trip days.